Be sure to catch our conversation with Allison Kelsey, Senior Program Manager of the Philadelphia Scholars Program, today on Instagram Live @college_access_philly at 1:00 pm. Stay for the whole hour or drop in with your questions!
Graduating high school seniors who actively participate in the Philadelphia Education Fund's College Access Program in one of the following schools are eligible for scholarships up to $7,500:
BARTRAM HIGH SCHOOL
FURNESS HIGH SCHOOL
KENSINGTON CREATIVE & PERFORMING ARTS HIGH SCHOOL
OLNEY CHARTER HIGH SCHOOL
ROXBOROUGH HIGH SCHOOL
Graduating high school seniors at the partner schools listed below may be eligible to receive scholarships up to $5,000 contingent on available funding:
THOMAS A. EDISON HIGH SCHOOL
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN HIGH SCHOOL
KENSINGTON HIGH SCHOOL
KENSINGTON HEALTH SCIENCES ACADEMY
LANKENAU HIGH SCHOOL
MASTERY CHARTER AT SIMON GRATZ HIGH SCHOOL
PARKWAY WEST HIGH SCHOOL
PAUL ROBESON HIGH SCHOOL
WILLIAM L. SAYRE HIGH SCHOOL
STRAWBERRY MANSION HIGH SCHOOL
WEST PHILADELPHIA HIGH SCHOOL
NORTHEAST HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
* Rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors who currently receive a Last Dollar Scholarship may re-apply for up to $5,000.
* Rising 1st years should contact their college counsellor about new arrangements for the 2020-21 academic year.
In addition to an easy online application, the Last Dollar Scholarship requires three documents for review:
1. The financial aid award letter for the college you will be attending next year
2. Your Student Aid Report (SAR), downloaded from fafsa.gov
3. An official transcript from your high school or college
Talk to your College Access Coordinator today for assistance with obtaining any of these documents! Here's a handy step-by-step guide to downloading your SAR.
To learn more about how you could qualify for scholarship money towards your education, visit the Last Dollar Scholarship website.
Let us know you learned something from today's post! CLICK HERE to be entered into a raffle for a $25 gift card!