You finally decided what school you want to attend in the fall, but what do you do now? What are the next steps to enroll for the fall semester? When and how do I submit my enrollment deposit? We're here to answer all your questions about how to commit to your school. Check out our steps on how to commit listed below and join us on Thursday, May 14th on IG live (@college_access_philly) to learn more.
How To Commit To Your School Step-by-Step:
1. Look at your acceptance and financial aid letters for instruction - Every school will handle this process differently.
2. Know who to talk to - Is there an online portal to confirm you accept the offer of admission? Which office handles tuition at your school? Undergraduate Admissions? The Bursar? The Registrar? Office of Business?
3. Your deposit is a down payment for your enrollment. Making a deposit at more than one school is generally frowned upon, expensive, and non refundable. Some possible COVID-19 changes:
Many schools had a deposit deadline of May 1st, some have pushed to June 1st. Confirm with your school what theirs is (See below for list of schools with extended deadlines).
Some schools are changing their enrollment processes entirely - ASK ASK ASK
4. Create a student portal if you don’t already have one. This is often where updates are sent and payments are made. You usually can track the status of your fees and aid here.
5. If you do not have the funds for your deposit, reach out to admissions and financial aid to see if it can be waived or deferred.
6. What are the next steps for enrollment? Do you need to meet with an advisor or to attend an orientation? Sign up before spots get full! Some schools have altered the usual events to be digital in response to COVID-19 (CCP has done this).
List of PA Schools that have extended their enrollment deposit deadline from May 1st to June 1st or later
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Lebanon Valley College
Lock Haven University
Pennsylvania State, University Park
Point Park University
Robert Morris University
Saint Francis University
Saint Vincent College
U of the Arts
York College of Pennsylvania
Reach out to your counselor for additional support!
Let us know you were on this page! CLICK HERE to be entered into a raffle for a $25 gift card!